Report Concerns

To make a report, please contact an Intake Worker at 204-726-6030 or toll free at 1-800-483-8980. You are able to contact an Intake Worker after hours and on weekends at the toll free number if you believe the situation is an emergency. You can also contact your local police service.

Reporting of Child Protection and Child Abuse

Handbook & Protocols
Fact Sheet

Under the Child and Family Services Act, anyone who believes a child may be in need of protection is required to report their concerns to a child welfare agency for assessment and possible investigation. Community members have a duty to report their concerns in order to help protect children. CFS Western is required not to disclose the identity of the informant. The Agency is required to investigate your concerns and also to report back to you the outcome of their investigation.